Gaskets have been beneficial for a lot of industries. Once applied to equipment pieces and other assemblies, these gaskets can easily prevent process fluids from escaping. They can likewise deter contaminants from entering. These functions ensure that industries can fully maximise their equipment pieces and others without any issues.
Since the applications of various industries vary, not all gaskets boast similar characteristics. One of the elements that can differentiate gaskets is their materials.
Some gaskets can be made from solid materials, which are known for their durability and long lifespan. Others, alternatively, are made from foam materials. Foam gaskets are well-known for their affordability and low compressional forces.
Gaskets can also be made from sponge materials, which are generally known for their low compressional forces and fire resistance. Here are specific types of sponge materials that can be used for manufacturing gaskets.
• Silicone Sponge: Gaskets made from silicone sponges are highly recommended for padding and gasketing applications. These gaskets, after all, are soft and compressible. Another quality of these gaskets is they have extreme temperature resistance, making them suitable for outdoor applications. They can also prevent the absorption of water and offer an excellent compression set as they do not have interconnected closed cells. Silicone sponge gaskets have the longest life out of all silicone materials.
• Neoprene Blend: Neoprene blend gaskets are sponge gaskets that are soft and compliant with most gasket applications. They can also work with applications that require weatherstripping, thermal barrier, shock absorption, and basic sealing. Similar to a silicone sponge, the neoprene blend features closed cells that are not interconnected, allowing this material to be impermeable to water absorption. Gaskets made from this material are likewise cheaper compared to solid rubber ones and other sponge materials.
• EPDM Sponge: EPDM or Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer is a material that can also be used for generating and producing useful gaskets. Gaskets made from EDPM may boast qualities that neoprene blend gaskets already possess. But one thing that makes EDPM gaskets stand out is they have greater ozone resistance. This quality allows these sponge gaskets to be suitable in areas where prolonged ozone exposure is expected. Its resistance to ozone, however, makes the gaskets more expensive than neoprene blend gaskets.
Most of these sponge materials may come in extra firm, firm, medium and soft densities. Their general qualities, additionally, make them the best choice for applications prone to bowing, warping, and cracking at compression stops. They also have flame resistance ratings that make them useful in a lot of industrial applications. To gain access to high-quality sponge gaskets, you can contact us at Gasketech. We offer fast and superior services in terms of supplying gaskets for your applications. We utilise economical yet technically advanced sealing materials so they can be utilised without any issues. Standards set by you; we ensure that our gaskets will provide optimum performance for a very long time. Quick turn-around is likewise an absolute assurance from our beloved team.
When it comes to sealing two or more surfaces, industries would often turn to gaskets. Gaskets can be perfect for sealing as they are often made from flexible materials. Once installed, they effectively fill in any gap that may be present between surfaces, deterring liquid and other elements from coming in and out of the sealed objects.
Aside from sealing elements, industries also use gaskets to minimise or even stop vibration from affecting the performance and longevity of the sealed objects. Friction is likewise deterred between the objects, ensuring that they will not get damaged in a short time.
Given the importance of gaskets, they should be sourced from a good manufacturer and supplier. It would even be better if they come from one that can generate custom ones. Here are some qualities to look for in a custom gasket manufacturer and supplier.
1. Availability of Materials
Gaskets can be manufactured effectively with almost any material. But one factor that may separate one manufacturer from another is the availability of materials. Some manufacturers may have difficulties sourcing raw materials just to produce quality custom gaskets, forcing them to spend a lot of time looking for one and asking for high selling costs. Others, alternatively, have great partnerships with industry-leading material suppliers, allowing them to generate cheap gaskets. Hire one that has access to gasket materials to save some time and money.
2. Technical Capabilities
It would also be better for industries to hire a manufacturer and supplier that can generate custom gaskets without any compromises. A manufacturer may have direct access to great material suppliers, but if they do not know how to handle custom gasket works, they won’t be able to produce them effectively. One that can process materials smartly can generate gaskets without losing their accompanying characteristics and qualities. A manufacturer should likewise be able to review and modify gasket design plans first to prevent costly mistakes.
3. Essential Quality Control
Quality is crucial in gaskets since they must conform to the objects optimally. Faulty gaskets can, after all, damage the products they intend to seal. To ensure that a manufacturer can produce quality gaskets, one should look for their quality systems, standards, and practices. Do they follow systems that can make their gaskets uniform? Are their employees carry out checks to ensure that the gaskets will not have any deformity or damage? Knowing how they work and the standards they follow can already pinpoint whether they prioritise quality or not.
4. Registry Certifications
One more quality to look for in a custom gasket manufacturer and supplier is their registry certifications. A custom gasket manufacturer can only carry out its operations continuously if they possess registry certification, allowing them to provide products that adhere to the requirements of industries. A certification may vary from one industry to another. Hence, one should also know if the prospective gasket manufacturer and supplier possess the right certifications. They should likewise be able to comply with standards in gasket production.
If you want to gain access to quality custom gaskets, you can contact us at Gasketech.